Wills, Power of Attorney, Trusts & Inheritance Tax
Make a will and protect your loved ones
Losing a loved family member is always hard. Whilst we can’t help people with their grief, if you’ve made a Will your loved ones have less to worry. We can help you to make sure your wishes are followed without disputes or misunderstandings.
If you have a Will, your money, property and other assets can be distributed in accordance your wishes. This is very important if you want to make sure you give your money to the people that need it most. Without a Will, your assets could end up going to the wrong people or even the State, as your family will lose control of the process.
Looking after Children
If you have Children under the age of 18, making a Will is vital. The Will guarantees the people you have nominated are legally responsible for their wellbeing after your death. If a Will is not in place, the courts will decide who looks after your children, and they might end up with foster carers rather than family or friends.
A well thought through, well written Will, can also be used to make sure children do not receive an inheritance automatically at 18. This is important as sometimes young people are not mature enough to manage a large amount of money or assets.
Looking after older members of the family
It’s also important to take steps to protect older members of the family. Older family members may find it hard to manage their personal affairs as they get older and may need help. To be able to help them and manage their affairs, it is important get legal advice on taking practical steps like setting up a power of attorney if necessary, to make sure you can represent them properly in financial or medical affairs.
Taking proper advice when making a Will is essential as you need make sure your loved ones don’t face a sizeable Inheritance Tax bill after you die.
At Sehgal & Co we have extensive experience in Will preparation and Inheritance Tax planning ensuring our Client’s wishes are clearly identified, in an easy to understand and tax efficient manner.
Summary of services
- Tax and estate planning
- Tax planning and asset structuring
- Tax efficient wills
- Probate and estate administration, advising on the terms of wills and intestacy and obtaining grants of representation
- Trust creation and administration
- Preparation of lasting powers of attorney, advance directives and matters relating to the Court of Protection and the Office of the Public Guardian
- Charities and charitable trusts
Our fees including copying documents and making minor amendments:
- Single Basic Will – £140 plus VAT
- Mirror Wills – £200 plus VAT
- Property Trust Wills and Notice of Severance – £450 plus VAT
- Lasting Power of Attorney – Property and Financial Affairs – £250 plus VAT
- Lasting Power of Attorney – Health & Welfare – £250 plus VAT