Sehgal & Co is committed to high quality legal advice and client care.
We welcome your feedback so that we can improve our services.
A complaint may be:
- you telling us, either on the phone, in person or in writing, that you are making a complaint;
- you are concerned about the way a matter is being dealt with or has been dealt with;
- you being unhappy about bills of costs.
Please raise any complaint with the person dealing with your matter or with the director who deals with complaints and whose details are below.
When we receive a complaint:
- We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days.
- We will provide a formal response within 14 days.
- We will tell you the name of the person handling the matter.
- The partner responsible for dealing with complaints will be notified.
- The matter will be fully investigated by the person dealing with your case or the partner who deals with complaints.
- The person dealing with your case will study the complaint in detail.
- The person dealing with your case will then telephone you to try and resolve the complaint over the phone and suggest a remedy.
- If you are satisfied, a report is passed to the complaints partner to consider any other action.
- If you are not satisfied with the course of action proposed by the case worker, then the complaint will be passed to the complaints partner for further investigation.
If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Overseas: +44 121 245 3050
In writing: PO BOX 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
There are time limits as to when you can make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. These are as follows:
- a) Six years from the date that the act/omission you are complaining of occurred, or
- b) Within three years from the date that you ought to reasonably have known that there were grounds for complaint;
- c) In addition to the above, if you have already raised a complaint with us, you must contact the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response from us.
If you have any questions or comments, wish to complain, or simply need more information, please contact our director responsible for dealing with complaints:
Mr Mandyp Sehgal
Sehgal & Co Solicitors Ltd
7 Sovereign Court
Email – email@example.com
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour.